Are you getting attacked right now in your life? Does it seem like everyone is blazing ahead but you’re just standing there, stagnant? Wondering when God is going to open a door in your life or when things are just going to get easier? Wondering when your single life will get better? Wondering when your marriage will get better?
Deep down, you may be thinking – if I could just get that job. If I could just get married. If my husband would just change, Lord! THEN I will be happy!
Instead, God is saying to you:
“My Child, you want immediate relief from this test. Instead of praying for a quick change, ask Me what I need you to learn during this time. Cling to me. Stop browsing online, eating a box of donuts, or even trying to “hang out with friends” to fill this void in your heart. It is I that can fill your voids, not these temporary things. As a good Father, I am protecting and leading you – let me.”
I have learned that God’s timing doesn’t work with our worry. Instead, He works based on the will of God for your life. I recall a season in my life where I needed God to come through for me. I cried. And prayed. And went to a bible study. And cried some more. I couldn’t pay my rent. I was going to get evicted at my last month of my internship. I simply didn’t know what to do. I felt like I was being led by the Lord and I didn’t understand why He simply didn’t rescue me in the midst of my tests. God, WHY. WHEN. HOW?
Amazingly, God came through and provided for me in the most unexpected way. I went to the leasing office and told them that I couldn’t afford the rent and I asked if they can use my deposit for my last month of rent at that location. Thankfully, I had favor with them and they granted my prayers. When you’re close to the Lord, He will give you wisdom when you don’t know what to do. (James 1) I believe that it was the Lord showing me that He still had a plan. If it didn’t work out, would God still be good? Of COURSE. Most times, we have this idea in our head of what breakthrough looks like and God is saying, pray for MY will – not what you think you need in order to be satisfied. We have to come to the point where we realize that even if God does NOTHING else for us, He did ENOUGH for us through Jesus Christ when He sent Him to die for our sins. This mindset is ETERNAL. This world tries to get us to focus on what is TEMPORARY. God is saying that I will provide for based on DAILY bread. So, if that means that you’re sleeping in your car – well, praise the Lord. You have a place tonight. You see the shift in the perceptive? I believe that God is raising up a generation of people that are willing to be used by Him. And, in willing to be used by Him – it means that He is going to prune your flesh. Your attitudes. Your mindset. Your ideas. And, then replace them with His.
Matthew 16:24 tells us, “Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me.”
So, let’s look at 5 things to remember when you’re getting tested.
1. Stay close to the Lord. So, this means that you should have the bible playing on audio in your ears when you’re not reading it, listening to sermons and worship music at night. Fight like crazy to guard your heart and refuse to listen to anything that isn’t faith filled. It’s vital that you hear God’s voice as He is instructing you.
2. Don’t let your mind wander. The enemy will have a field day with you if you let Him. Decide to only THINK on good things. Philippians 4:8 says, “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.” – So this tells me that you can think of things that aren’t true, aren’t honorable, that are wrong and not lovely.
3. Don’t quit. You can’t give up when things get hard. Instead, make up in your mind that you are going to pass this test AND pass it with a GOOD attitude.
4. Don’t search your past. At times, we can get tested and then we will RUN back in our minds to our exes, old friends or whatever else and think that life was easier when we were in disobedience. So, black them from social media and keep it moving.
5. Pray. Pray Pray. Keep talking to the Lord. Vent to Him. Pour out to Him. He is not surprised about what you’re experiencing. Trust Him. He is with you and He will give you peace in the midst of your situation.
Praying for you as you fight forward. You’re NOT alone in this walk! We are ALL in this together, fighting and DECIDING to choose to do the RIGHT thing.
God loves you like crazy,
|Taylor’s Kate Spade Bash! I will be blogging her party details soon!|
Just a few things:
2. We have developed an APP! Think: daily post notifications + weekly devotionals, recipes and so much more! It’s out NOW for iphones + Androids. Under: Heather & Cornelius Lindsey: Today With the Lindsey’s
3. If you live in Atlanta, I want to invite you to our church. Join us on Sundays at 10:30am. Our churches name is: “The Gathering Oasis” 3600 Snapfinger Rd Lithonia, GA 30038