Studies present that correct nutrient timing can profit exercise restoration, muscle development, athletic potential and physique composition. Here, accredited sports activities dietitian, Jessica Spendlove shares her high post-workout meals.
- Poached eggs with grilled ham off the bone, avocado and two slices of wholegrain or spelt toast.
- 200 grams of Greek yoghurt (Chobani) with half or one cup of oats, and a few berries and sliced almonds.
- A breakfast smoothie consisting of your milk of alternative, a few scoops of Greek yoghurt, a frozen banana, sprinkle of cinnamon and half a cup of oats.
- Between 150-200 grams of salmon or hen with 200 grams of candy potato and as many steamed greens as you want.
- Between 150-200 gram of lean protein with one cup of brown rice and a facet salad.
- A frozen fruit smoothie together with your milk of alternative, nut butter and Greek yoghurt.
- 200 grams of Greek yoghurt with sliced fruit and nuts.
- A protein shake made with a base of your alternative (water, coconut water or milk) and a bit of fruit to supply fibre.
NEXT: Not certain what protein to go for? Read all about them here.